Practice-Based Research Networks
The CPCRN works to build and nurture practice-based research and learning networks (PBRLNs) across the country including those listed here:
- Southern Alberta Primary Care Research Network (SAPCReN) supports research relevant to the primary care setting, with a wide range of studies relating to topics such as disease prevention and health promotion, screening and early diagnosis, surveillance, and management of various health conditions.
- Northern Alberta Primary Care Research Network (NAPCReN) supports research relevant to the primary care setting, with a wide range of studies relating to topics such as chronic condition surveillance, management, prevention and screening.
- Provincially, Manitoba Primary Care Research Network (MaPCReN) maintains a de-identified EMR data repository. In addition, through engagement with patients and providers MaPCReN captures patient and provider experience.
- The Primary Care Ontario Practice-based Learning and Research Network (POPLAR) is an initiative of Ontario’s six University Departments/Sections of Family Medicine and the Alliance for Healthier Communities that have coalesced to enhance our efficiency and potential for impact. Together, they form the Primary Care Ontario Learning and Research (POPLAR) Network.
- POPLAR supports seven Ontario Practice-based Learning Networks.
Réseau-1 Québec (R1Q) supports four PBRN networks (Réseau-1 Québec/ Réseau de Connaissances sur les Soins Primaires). Each PBRN has an individual page on R1Q’s website:
- RRAPPL Université Laval
- RRAPPL Université McGill
- RRAPPL Université de Montréal
- RRAPPL Université de Sherbrooke
Each PBRN also has their own website:
- Chaire de Recherche du Canada – Décision Partagée, Application des Connaissances – Université Laval
- Practice Based Research Network – McGill University
- Réseau de recherche en soins primaires (RRSPUM) – Université de Montréal
- Département de Médecine de Famille – Recherche – Réseau de recherche axée sur les pratiques de première ligne (RRAPPL) – Université de Sherbrooke
- The Maritime Family Practice Research Network (MaRNet-FP) conducts and supports primary care research in practice-based settings to directly benefit patients, providers, and the Maritime provinces.
Newfoundland & Labrador
- The Atlantic Practice Based Research Network (APBRN) is a network of primary care providers in Newfoundland and Labrador who collaborate with the Primary Healthcare Research Unit (PHRU) of Memorial University.